Propack has just received its Woodland Carbon certificate for the second half of 2018, and we're happy to announce that our involvement in the scheme has resulted in 34,703kg being removed from the UK environment! Thats the equivalent of approximately 25 average cars. To achieve this the Woodland Trust 'Woodland Carbon' scheme has planted more than 867m squared of native woodland.
Woodland Carbon is the Woodlands Trust's unique scheme to help companies reduce their carbon footprint. By planting native woodland right here in the UK it s possible to lock up carbon emissions through the planting of trees. Propack has worked with the scheme since the beginning of 2018, to create new woodland that harnesses nature’s simple and powerful way of removing carbon dioxide from the environment.
It's a straightforward process and Carbon mitigation through tree planting is a powerful way of showing our business’s commitment to UK customers’ local environment.It also has some wider benefits to the natural environment such as:
- Trees provide a range of benefits from combating flooding, shade, shelter and control of pollution.
- New woodland creation makes new spaces for wildlife and communities, making the UK landscape more resilient to climate change impacts.
- Trees are places for recreation and education and provide homes for the UK’s biggest diversity of wildlife.
- Woodland soils are among the most carbon-rich found. Transitioning land from agriculture or marginal use into woodland boosts carbon in the soil.
- Woodland Carbon finances woodland creation that would not otherwise have happened
FIND OUT MORE about the Woodland Carbon Scheme here.